Whenever conversing with a customer online, there is always a chance that your support representative might spoil the image of the company by communicating something unfitting. Moreover, not all customer support representatives realize the damaging effect that such wording or expressions cause to your brand perception.
Customers these days are very informative and intelligent and can quickly quantify the quality of your chat support with the way you communicate. Hence, it is vital to set the right tone of your managed chat service from the very first moment. In this blog, we are going to discuss some of the important chat support measures that can improve your customer experience and help enhance company image.
- Customer representatives some time over estimate the knowledge of clients regarding products and use technical words that create confusion for the customers. To avoid such confusion explain to their client the details about the products in an easy manner with much less usage of technical jargons.
- Similarly, using short abbreviations when communicating with a consumer also gives an unprofessional outlook. Your customer expect a professional service from the company they are dealing with and using short forms such as “?” instead of completing the whole sentence can be disastrous.
- Moreover, an active voice sounds more natural and friendly while with passive voice ideas are hard to follow, especially when they are complicated or technical.
- Additionally, using passive voice when communicating with your customer is also a no go area. It might give them a very negative impression of a chat representative like they are not interested in providing a solution to their problem. Instead, using active voice would sound friendlier and would make your customer feel at ease.
- Do not use an arrogant tone or a tone where it seems like you are ordering them For instance: using phrases such as you have to do, you must not. Instead of using “We” and “please” is much more appropriate and the right way to communicate with the customer. Similarly, avoid using phrases such as I believer, I think, and I don’t know as a client may think that you do not have the right focus and the knowledge to help them with their issue.
The customer today has very less patience and high expectation of quality customer support. They become easily confused and annoyed if they are not dealt in personalized manners and if there are delays in the resolution of their problem. Hence using the above-given tips can help you avoid such situations and enhance your customer service.